Members of the Washington Retail Action Council PAC board have announced endorsements for state offices to be voted upon in the Aug. 7 primary. The final election is November 6.
For state Senate races, WRA endorses:
- Rep. Jeff Holy, R, for the open District 6 Senate seat
- Incumbent Sen. Sharon Brown, R, in the 8th District
- Incumbent Sen. Jim Honeyford, R, in the 15th District
- Marty McClendon, R, for the open District 26 Senate seat
- Incumbent Sen. Mark Miloscia, R, in District 30
- Incumbent Sen. Phil Fortunato, R, in District 31
- Incumbent Sen. Tim Sheldon, D, in District 35
- Incumbent Sen. Doug Ericksen, R, in District 42
- Incumbent Sen. Joe Fain, R, for the 47th District seat
- Challenger and former state Sen. Rodney Tom, D, for the District 48 Senate seat
In races for the House of Representatives, WRA endorses incumbents:
- Rep. JT Wilcox, Rep. Andrew Barkis in District 2
- Reps. Matt Shea, R, and Bob McCaslin, R, in District 4
- Rep. Paul Graves, R, and former state Rep. Chad Magendanz, R, for the open seat in District 5.
- Rep. Mike Volz in District 6
- Reps. Jacquelin Maycumber, R, and Joel Kretz, R, in District 7
- Rep. Brad Klippert, R, in District 8
- Rep. Mary Dye, R, and Rep. Joe Schmick, R in District 9
- Rep. Dave Hayes, R, in District 10
- Rep. Mike Steele, R, in District 12
- Rep. Tom Dent, R, in District 13
- Rep. Bruce Chandler, R, and David Taylor, R, in District 15
- Rep. Bill Jenkin, R, in District 16
- Rep. Paul Harris, R, and Rep. Vicki Kraft, R, in District 17
- Rep. Brandon Vick, R, in District 18
- Rep. Jim Walsh, R, in District 19
- Rep. Richard DeBolt, R, Rep. Ed Orcutt in District 20
- Reps. Jesse Young, R, and Michelle Caldier, R, in District 26
- Rep. Dick Muri, R, and challenger Maia Espinoza, in District 28
- Challenger and former state Rep. Linda Kochmar, R, in District 30
- Rep. Morgan Irwin, R, Rep. Drew Stokesbary, in District 31
- Rep. Drew MacEwen, R, in District 35
- Rep. Carolyn Eslick, R, in District 39
- Rep. Vincent Buys, R, and Rep. Luanne Van Werven, R, in District 42
- Rep. Mark Harmsworth, R, in District 45
- Rep. Mark Hargrove, R, in District 47.
WRA determines its endorsements primarily based on issue-oriented candidate interviews and voting records. The fundamental criterion relates to the trust WRA puts in candidates committed to support the health and growth of the retail industry. Included among the endorsements are legislators who voted 100 percent with WRA’s preferences during the 2018 Legislative Session.
WRA will announce another round of endorsements leading to the November general election.