Welcome to the WRA
BUSINESS RESOURCE CENTER
BUSINESS APPS AND SOFTWARE
Between handling customer complaints, keeping track of employee work schedules and monitoring expenses, running a small business is hard work. If you’re looking to increase productivity and organization — or just make your life as an entrepreneur a little easier — a good app might be just what you need.
To help you navigate the seemingly endless sea of apps out there, we’ve compiled a list of our favorites. These 20 apps can help you stay organized and on top of your small-business to-do list.
Addappt: This app lets your business associates (and friends and family, of course) update their contact information in your address book. The app’s developers say their product allows your social network to “maintain itself.” If, for example, your supplier also uses Addappt and just got a new cellphone number, he or she could make that update in your address book. You can also organize contacts into different groups and send messages via Addappt, which is free for both iOS and Android users.
Fuze: If you’re looking for a new videoconferencing app, consider Fuze. It hosts online meetings for all devices and operating systems, including new versions for iPads and tablets such as the Samsung Galaxy. This app offers high-definition video and crisp audio and is easy to set up. You can receive a 30-day free trial before purchasing Fuzefor your small business.
Mailbox: This award-winning app aims to help you “put email in its place.” Mailbox makes it easy to mark mail as read, organize messages into lists and delay reading emails until later. Dropbox purchased Mailbox in 2013, which led to a wave of expansion: Mailbox now supports Gmail, Yahoo, me.com and mac.com email accounts. The app is free and works on iPhone and iPad, Android and Mac OS X.
Pushover: This is a game-changing app for those with more than one phone or device.Pushover will organize all your messages from all your devices in one common space. The system sends push messages to any smartphone and places messages in one unified inbox. The app lets you send 7,500 messages each month, making it a good option for the well-connected small-business owner. It comes with a free seven-day trial, then requires a one-time $4.99 purchase and works for Android, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and all desktops.
Skype: Although several competitors have made valiant efforts to knock Skype off its videoconferencing throne, this app remains incredibly effective, not to mention popular. Whether you’re speaking with telecommuting colleagues or overseas business partners, Skype is a great tool to help everyone feel connected to your company. You can also share photos and files of any size, share your computer screen with the person you’re speaking with or an entire group, call a group of up to 25 people and send a text message to friends. The basic version of Skype is free, and group video calls also are free. International calls might carry a fee depending on where you live, so check out the prices for those. This app works on all devices and operating systems.
Clear: This slick, gesture-based task-management app is for iOS and Mac devices. Clearhelps you create and manage separate lists to organize daily tasks, and you can set reminders for yourself. Clear prides itself on ease of use, and for good reason: Items can be adjusted easily by pulling down a task, pinching a task and, finally, swiping it off the screen once it’s completed. You can create multiple lists and schedules with Clear, which can be synced between with your Mac desktop, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and iPod touch. Clear costs $4.99 for iPhones and $9.99 for desktops.
Rescue Time: This app automatically tracks time you’ve spent on applications and websites to give you an accurate picture of how you spent your time during the day.Rescue Time then sends you detailed reports based on your activity, showing you how you might have been more productive. Premium features include the ability to block distracting websites and track offline activity. The app works for Mac, PC, Android and Linux and costs $72 per year with the first four months free.
My Minutes: This is a personal time management app for iPhones and Android. If you find you can’t stay focused on the most important tasks throughout the day — or you’re wasting too much time on Facebook or browsing the Web — My Minutes can help you stay grounded. With this app, you set a goal (for example, “Spend only one hour checking email” or “Work out for 30 minutes”), and the app will let you know when you’re finished. The app costs $2.99 for iPhones.
OmniFocus: Here’s another excellent task management and scheduling app for iPhones, iPads, Macs and Apple Watch. OmniFocus shows users what’s due and when, reviews completed tasks and syncs between your phone and desktop. It’s on the pricy side, though, so make sure to test it out before purchasing it. The standard iPhone version costs $39.99 and $59.98 for Pro, while the Mac desktop application costs $39.99 for standard and $79.99 for Pro. AndroidFocus is an OmniFocus client app for Android users.
TripIt: The TripIt app consolidates your travel plans into a single itinerary, making it easy for any jet-setting entrepreneur to stay atop of his or her travel plans. The application manages all of your travel information, regardless of what website you used to purchase your ticket. Through TripIt, you can check departure times, directions to the airport and even weather reports. The app will notify you about any delays. TripIt’s most basic app is free, but there is also a TripIt Pro version for $49 a year and a TripIt for Teams version for $29 a month (for up to 10 users). Both plans come with a 30-day free trial. The app works on iPhones, iPads, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone 7, as well as Macs and PCs.
Expensify: Keeping track of your expenses while on a business trip can be a big headache. Expensify makes the entire process a lot less painful. You can link your credit or debit card to your Expensify account so that charges are directly placed on an expense report. If you’d rather not do this, you can simply take pictures of your receipts using your phone and Expensify will automatically extract the relevant information from the receipts. You can then make an expense report yourself, which only takes a few minutes. Expensify costs $5 to $10 per active account for team and corporate users. The app works on all phones, including iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone and on all desktops.
PayPal: This is a very convenient website with which to pay people and get paid, something you’ll have to do a lot of as a small-business owner. PayPal lets you link your credit, debit, and bank account to your PayPal account, thereby making transactions quick and painless. PayPal reacted to the emergence of Square (more on that app later) by creating an iPad app that lets businesses use this device and PayPal’s card reader as a portable register. Although PayPal’s basic services are free, bigger businesses may want to look into PayPal’s merchant services to accept credit cards and PayPal on their websites. The Advanced and Pro services come in at $5 and $30 per month, respectively (the latter also charges 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction). PayPal also now offers small-business loans to companies that have processed payments with PayPal for at least three months and have at least $20,000 in PayPal sales within a year.
Square: This payment app uses a small, portable credit card and debit card reader to help make transactions fast and convenient. Square is great for businesses such as food trucks where space is limited. Your business will be charged 2.75% of every swipe, which will be docked from the purchase automatically and reflected in your bank account on the following day. So if you sell a burrito for $10, you’ll see a net gain of $9.25 in your bank account. Larger businesses with annual revenue over $250,000 can contact Square for custom pricing. This app works on all devices and operating systems.
ZenPayroll: The entire payroll process is streamlined for employers with ZenPayroll. The service is paperless and automatically calculates all relevant income taxes. The app lets its users access their pay-stub archives at any time, along with documents such as state and federal payroll taxes. ZenPayroll works on all devices and operating systems and has a $25 monthly base fee, along with a monthly charge of $4 for each employee.
Boxmeup: A free Android app, Boxmeup organizes and tracks your packages and/or containers. It allows you to print the proper QR labels, which you can scan, allowing you to pull up a list of items in the container on your phone at any time. Using Boxmeup, you’ll also be able to search all of your containers to find a specific item. Unfortunately, there isn’t an iPhone app out there, although you can access Boxmeup’s mobile website using an iPhone.
Evernote: This is the app for syncing notes across mobile and desktop devices. If you’re just starting out with your small business, you’re probably going to be bombarded with advice from every angle. Evernote serves as a great space in which to organize these nuggets of wisdom. Evernote’s free version lets user upload up to 60 MB of data per month. The Plus version costs $24.99 per year but features monthly uploads of 1 GB and allows you to access notes when you’re offline and save emails into Evernote. The Premium version costs $49.99 per year and offers unlimited data and many other features.
KanbanFlow: On KanbanFlow, a web-based app, managers can assign tasks to their colleagues, upload documents and schedule due dates. KanbanFlow visualizes your workflow and simplifies communication among team members. What’s more, KanbanFlow’s basic version is free and works on most smartphones and both PCs and Macs. The premium version costs $5 per month and comes with added features such as file attachments, revision history and a cumulative flow diagram that lets you analyze your work history. To get the premium version, you just need to sign up for a free account first then click on the “get premium” button, which will be located on the bottom right corner of the board.
In a league of their own
Dropbox: Boasting about 400 million users, Dropbox is the most popular platform on which to store and share files on the cloud. Though Dropbox could probably benefit any small business, its services are especially useful for companies that have telecommuters and need a reliable way to share information. If you’re interested in seeing how much Dropbox would cost your small business, check out their quote tool. Dropbox offers free trials and works on all devices and operating systems.
Mailchimp: If you’re looking to send better email, Mailchimp is a must. This email marketing tool helps you manage your mailing lists and easily create newsletters to send to your subscribers. With this tool, you can build and customize email templates, build a list of subscribers, send out campaigns and view reports of how your emails perform. With this information, you can learn more about your customers and send them more relevant emails in the future. Mailchimp pricing depends on the number of subscribers you have, and it’s free to send up to 12,000 emails per month if you have up to 2,000 subscribers.
Polaris Office: With Polaris Office, you can manage Microsoft Office files from the road; it serves as a reliable alternative to Apple’s iWork. You’ll be able to edit, create and sync Microsoft Office files on your phone. The app works for all phones, although the Polaris Office 5 version, which costs $12.99 and works on both iPhones and iPads, is probably the best edition as it won the PCMag Editors’ Choice Award. The Android version is free.
With all of the contacts small business owners have, it can be difficult for you to keep address books up to date. Addappt is the mobile app that can help, because it allows your contacts to update their information so you don’t have to do it. Recognized by The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, ABC, and other top media organizations as a top business app, best productivity app, and best iOS app, Addappt is one of the first apps a small business owner should download.
- Friends and contacts update their information in your address book privately
- Tapp – send notifications with one tap
- Privately send quick group announcements, reminders, requests, updates, and alert notifications
- Create, edit, and delete groups and group messaging
- Easily great groups by job title, company name, or city
- Open the app and shake the phone to call the number you select
Mailbox is now available for iPhone and iPad, Android, Gmail, and iCloud, with other email platforms soon to be included. Small business owners and their employees wonder how they ever lived without Mailbox, as soon as they begin using it. Stop losing precious hours wading through an unorganized inbox with Mailbox.
- Makes email light, fast, and friendly for mobile users
- Quickly ship messages to an archive or trash
- Scan conversations like chats
- Snooze emails for a better time with a single tap
Sometimes, one of the hardest parts of being a small business owner is all of the time spent on business and not on relationships. Couple is an app highly recommended by busy owners who want to stay connected with their significant others. Winner of an Apple Editors Choice Award.
- Private timeline for a shared history
- Real-time messaging
- Make phone calls or FaceTime from inside the app
- Share to-do lists with real-time syncing
One of the top productivity apps, Evernote is an extremely popular mobile app for small business owners who have several projects going at once. Evernote also makes collaboration seamless and manageable for small business teams.
- Take notes in a clean, distraction-free workspace
- Create notebooks and add tags to get organized
- Sync across devices and access from anywhere
- Make to-do lists and check off items as you go
- Share ideas and resources in a collaborative workspace with shared notebooks
Cost: FREE, with premium option available
Square Register, a free mobile point of sale app, is perfect for small businesses. Save time by tracking sales and inventory, managing teams, and viewing business analytics all from your point of sale.
- Swipe or key in all major credit cards
- Customers sign right on your device
- Record cash, gift cards, and other payment types
- Send receipts via email or text message
- Track inventory in real time
- Connects to receipt printer, kitchen ticket printer, bar code scanner, and cash drawer
At this point, Asana is nearly synonymous with productivity and efficiency. Small business owners and their teams connect without email while viewing all tasks and conversations in one place, with Asana.
- Add tasks quickly from anywhere within Asana, or add links, files, and images directly to Asana while using other apps
- Comment directly on tasks and eliminate team emails
- Add due dates, assignees, followers, details, and files to tasks
- Free, unlimited usage for teams up to 15 people
Cost: FREE, for teams up to 15 people
Formerly FuzeBox, the new Fuze mobile app connects small business teams with its visual communications solution. Fuze’s flexible video conferencing and online meetings make it possible for small business owners to save time (and money) while still allowing them to communicate with the people who matter most to their success.
- All new design and user experience with powerful vide, audio, and content sharing
- Multi-party HD video conferencing with up to 12 video feeds
- Content sharing with support for PowerPoint animations, Word documents, PDFs, movies, and high-resolution images
- Start a meeting from your calendar with one click
- Record and store meeting in your Fuze storage locker for sharing later
Cost: FREE – includes 3 participants, 3 HD video stream capabilities, cloud content, screen sharing, and unlimited VoIP internet calling. And, upon signing up for Fuze Free, you will receive a 30-day free trial of Fuze Pro (which includes 25 attendees, 12 video streams, and unlimited US Toll audio!)
inDinero makes it far easier for small businesses to manage their finances. Get instant visibility into your business with inDinero’s real-time finance dashboard that connects to your bank and credit card accounts.
- Track all business bank and credit accounts in a single place
- Photograph and record business receipts
- Real-time alerts for business accounts
- Categorize transactions for better reporting
If you are a small business owner, then you know the pain of trying to organize all of your paperwork. Scan Pages is the mobile app that provides the solution by converting your iPhone into a mobile scanner. With Scan Pages, small business owners scan documents, forms, etc. and then allow the app to organize and clean mobile images and combine them in a PDF to store or email.
- Annotate and organize mobile images
- Make PDFs from multiple images
- Clean and rectify mobile images for easier reading and printing
- Combing multiple images and share via email or send to Google Docs, Evernote, or Dropbox
Small business owners always have something to do, and Wunderlist makes it easier to organize all of that “stuff.” Get organized, shard ideas, and collaborate with Wunderlist and then celebrate your newly-found productivity. Oh, and rest assured that you’ve chosen a great mobile app for your to-do list and tasks because Wunderlist was Mac App of the Year for 2013 and has been featured in The New York Times, The Verge, TechCrunch, and a host of other publications.
- Create lists and access them from your phone, tablet, and computer
- Share lists and collaborate easily
- Start conversations about your to-dos
- Share the work and delegate tasks
- Set reminders about deadlines, birthdays, meetings, etc.
Cost: FREE, with pro options available
Inventory can be a true challenge for small business owners, but with the Boxmeup app, it is simple to track your containers and find items in them. Plus, Boxmeup turns your smartphone into a label scanner to check your inventory any time, anywhere.
- Print QR code labels to put onto your containers
- Scan your labels and pull up a list of items in the container
- Search containers for specific items and see where it is
Download: Google Play
Small business owners don’t have time to waste with various programs and software while they are running their business. Streak is the mobile app that is a dream come true for small business owners who need a simple CRM solution that also can be used for sales, email support, hiring, product management, and more.
- Use Gmail from within the app to check mail, send email, etc.
- Group emails by customer or deal
- Track status, notes, and details for each customer
- Share information with your employees
- See every email between a customer and your team
Have a file that you need to share, but you don’t have your laptop with you? Small business owners don’t have to worry about that problem anymore with Box. View, edit, and share files securely in the cloud with the mobile app that was featured by Apple in Best New Apps and Best New Business Apps.
- Have all files at your fingertips
- Access files online, from your desktop, and your smart phone or tablet
- Share photos, videos, notes, and other documents
- Securely store all of your files with 10GB free cloud storage from Box
Cost: FREE, with pro options available
OmniFocus is a task management platform for Mac, iPad, and iPhone, while Quantus Tasks is the OmniFocus client for Android. Now, no matter your platform, small business owners can get things done with OmniFocus.
- Task management at your fingertips
- Track tasks by project, place, person, or date
- Quickly create new tasks anywhere in the app or send tasks from other apps
- Receive notifications about due dates or when you are near a context with available tasks
Cost: OmniFocus: $19.99/Quantus Tasks: $12.99
A free office application suite optimized for smartphones and tablets, Polaris Office allows for document creation, editing, and saving with or without an internet connection. Now with 2GB of free cloud storage, Polaris Office helps small business owners create, edit, and read Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents and view PDFs on their mobile devices.
- Attach documents, spreadsheets, and PowerPoints to emails
- Share documents, spreadsheets, and PowerPoints over social media
- Files automatically save to the device in use
- 2GB free cloud storage
Cost: FREE, with premium options available
Basecamp is perfect for small business owners who want to control some of the chaos. The mobile app is designed to help teams finish projects together while allowing for different roles, responsibilities, and objectives.
- Monitor projects from anywhere
- Jump in on discussions and post your thoughts
- View progress as team members complete to-do lists and upload files
- Access everything from your projects
Cost: FREE for Basecamp customers
Small business owners don’t always have time to read and view everything they find online at the time that they find it. Pocket is the mobile app that allows users to find something online, put it in Pocket, and then view it later.
- Save directly from your browser or from apps such as Twitter, Pulse, Zite, and more
- Once it’s in Pocket, you don’t need an internet connection to view it
- Save articles, videos, and more content in one place and view it any time, on any device
- Simple, easy-to-view layout
Cost: FREE, with premium options available
Dropbox for Business is a solution for secure file sharing and storage that scales to your business, no matter the size. Small business owners and their employees can securely share, sync, and collaborate with Dropbox for Business.
- Works with all of the apps you already use, including Word, Excel, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Support for Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, and Linux users
- Create a folder, share it, and start collaborating instantly
Cost: FREE, with in-app purchase options
A document scanner app available in iOS and Android, TurboScan is a handy mobile app for small business owners. Turn any smartphone into a multipage scanner for documents, receipts, notes, and other text with TurboScan.
- Automatic document edge detection and perspective correction
- Ultra-fast processing at under 4 seconds per page
- SureScan mode for very sharp scans
- Document naming and storage inside the app
- Printing via AirPrint
QuickBooks, the #1 accounting solution for small business, is a smart alternative to spreadsheets. QuickBooks Online simplifies the process even further for small business owners by giving them the freedom to work anywhere from a smartphone or computer with the QuickBooks apps.
- Invoice clients and get paid from anywhere
- Manage expenses, sales, and customers anywhere, any time
- Create custom invoices with your logo and custom fields and more
- Give your accountant access and collaborate during tax time
Cost: FREE for 30 days – monthly auto-renewing subscription: $9.99 or annual auto-renewing subscription $99.99
Get more out of your daily commute with Waze, a free social traffic, navigation, and gas app that uses real-time road reports from nearby drivers. Get road alerts from your route and locate the cheapest gas prices around you, as shared by the community.
- Live routing based on community-driven, real-time traffic, and road information
- Turn-by-turn voice navigation
- Automatic rerouting as road conditions change
- See others’ ETA when driving to the same destination
Make transacting business from anywhere, any time simpler by going digital on any device with DocuSign. Simple and secure, DocuSign provides a way to electronically sign documents and collect signatures from others. Small business owners can reduce costs and security issues by eliminating printing, faxing, and scanning overnight documents for signature.
- Sign any document for free
- Create your signature and initials using your finger or a stylus, uploading a picture of your signature, or selecting one of the preformatted styles
- Add text to documents, such as name, company, address, date, and ore
- Receive real-time notifications when a document is awaiting a signature
PayPal is the mobile app that helps small businesses send and receive money. Now accepted in stores, PayPal makes it even easier for small business owners to conduct business.
- Use the app to pay with your phone
- Transfer money instantly
- Check your balance, see transactions, or add and withdraw funds anywhere, any time
Cost: FREE buying; selling transactions are generally 2.9% and lower
A task manager for every situation, Producteev is a mobile app especially helpful for small business owners who want to create to-do lists, assign tasks, and collaborate on projects. Seamlessly connect across all mobile devices that have a network connection, using Productive.
- Intuitive, elegant interface
- Manage projects, tasks, and email across your organization
- Create to-do lists, assign tasks, set due dates and reminders, and get real-time updates
- Unlimited users, projects, and tasks
- Shortcuts for quickly creating, scheduling, and assigning tasks
Tackle expense reports, invoices, and business expenses with Abukai. The mobile app makes it simple for small business owners to take a picture of each receipt and process an expense report whenever you are ready. Abuja was named one of the top 20 cloud services for small businesses by PC Magazine.
- Includes 12 expense reports/year, counted as sets of 10 receipts
- Get additional expense report submissions and customization with a subscription to an Abukai Expenses account plan
- Receive expense reports via email in Excel or PDF
Cost: FREE, with upgrades available
Don’t miss an alert with Pushover, a notification app that integrates with several web apps and anything else that needs to send alerts to your smartphone, desktop, or other devices. Small business owners don’t have to worry about being out of the loop, with Pushover.
- Real-time notifications on your Android, iPhone, iPad, and desktop
- Use your Pushover user key and get push notifications in an instant
- Subscribe to receive broadcast notifications from participating websites and organizations, such as blogs and news sites
Cost: FREE trial for five days; one-time in-app purchase beyond the trial period
Small business owners can manage finances, budgets, and bill pay with Mint. Save time and money with Mint.
- Pulls in all finance accounts and investments in one place
- Track spending, create a budget, receive bill reminders, and save more money
- Automatically categorize banking and credit card transactions
- Track credit cards, spending, income, and net worth over time
Small business owners can access all of their files from any smartphone, tablet, or computer with Google Drive. With the Google Drive mobile app, you can back up all of your files, including videos, photos, and documents and invite others to view, edit, or leave comments on them.
- View documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and more
- Search for files by name and content
- Easily share files and folders with others
- Set sharing permissions to view, comment, or edit
- Enable file viewing offline
Small business owners choose Expensify for expense reporting on their smartphones and on the web. Capture receipts, track time or mileage or business travel, and create expense reports quickly and easily with Expensify.
- Take a picture of your receipts and then throw them away
- SmartScan Technology reads your receipt and creates an expense
- Create and edit expenses on the go
- Enter your hourly rate and the length of time worked
- Import/export with Excel, Evernote, Dropbox, Oracle, and lots of others
Make time tracking and expense keeping quick and easy with OfficeTime. Track exactly what you and your employees do each day, from hours and expenses, to projects and life.
- Designed for small teams and freelancers
- Multiple hourly rates and multiple timers
- Rapidly switch tasks
- Time in the background
Cost: FREE, with upgrade options available
Search, manage, share, and back up all of your online content in one place and on any device with Primadesk. Small business owners can edit documents regardless of where they are located with this mobile app.
- Copy, delete, and organize photos and documents from one location
- Upload to online account or download to your device
- Easily search and find your file without logging in and out of different services
Cost: FREE, with pro options available
Small business owners love Sage One, a simple accounting app to send professional invoices and track expenses. And, with the Sage One mobile app, it’s possible to manage your business finances any time, anywhere.
- Create and send professional branded invoices
- Manage and categorize expenses and be prepared for tax time
- Data is secure and available in the cloud
Cost: FREE for Sage One customers
The mobile app for making collaboration easy and meetings better for all, Join.me is perfect for small business owners. Get instant screen sharing and powerful meeting tools with unlimited audio from Join.me.
- Join an online meeting from anywhere
- View someone else’s screen from your phone or tablet
- Talk to attendees using VoIP
- Chat with participants all at once or individually
Cost: FREE, with pro options available
Get award-winning online backup with SOS Online Backup. With UltraSafe encryption, SOS Online Backup keeps small business owners’ data secure.
- Fast and secured with military-grade encryption
- Share files
- Protect files before they leave your device
Cost: FREE for SOS account holders
Small business owners often say they wish they had more time. With RescueTime, get an accurate picture of how you spend your time and become more productive. You may have more time than you think!
- Accurate automatic time tracking of your mobile apps
- Report your voice call time
- Discover where your website time is spent
Cost: FREE, with premium options available
Download: Google Play
Stay in touch with contacts and associates through free messages, voice, or video calls with Skype. Small business owners can reduce costs and connect more with Skype.
- Free messaging
- Free voice and video calls
- Low-cost calls to mobiles and landlines
Invoice2go is a mobile app for small business owners who want to send invoices, track expenses, and more from their phone or tablet. Save time and make more money with Invoice2go.
- Invoice, estimate, bill, collect, and report quickly and easily
- Choose from over 20 invoice template styles
- Ideal for product and service businesses
- Include PayPal buttons with invoices to get paid more quickly
Cost: FREE for Invoice2go customers
Small business owners can get more done with Any.do, “the world’s best todo list app.” Organize your day, manage your tasks, and handle your projects in one place, plus collaborate with others to increase productivity using Any.do.
- Seamless cloud sync
- Speech recognition
- Customizable time and location reminders
- Shared tasks and simple notes
Cost: FREE, with premium options available
Promote business loyalty and reward your most loyal customers with Perka, an app for small, local businesses. Modernize the paper punch card and impress your customers with Perka.
- Designed to be fast
- No scanning of codes or fussing with gadgets at the counter
- Customers give their first name and Perka does the rest
A mobile productivity suite, Quip enables small business owners and employees to collaborate on any device. Put people back at the center of your business with Quip.
- Combines chat, documents, task lists, and spreadsheets
- Collaborate quickly and easily
- Create and share from any device
An Apple Design Award-winning app, LinkedIn Pulse allows small business owners to customize their online reading experience. Explore professional content and share stories to social networks with LinkedIn Pulse.
- Easily browse thousands of trusted sources, including major publications, LinkedIn influencers, and blogs
- Customize feeds based on interests to get personalized content delivered daily
- Directly import your Reader RSS feeds
Small business owners can greatly reduce the hassle of organizing travel plans with TripIt. Get the mobile app for access to the all-in-one travel itinerary and trip organizer.
- Forward hotel, airline, car rental, and restaurant confirmation emails to TripIt to create an instant itinerary, or let Gmail or Google Apps do it automatically
- Access itineraries anytime, on any device, and even offline
- Get directions, maps, and weather for all your destinations
- Sync trip plans with Apple Calendar, Outlook, or Google Calendar
Cost: FREE, with pro options available
Create a private IM network for your company and improve collaboration with HipChat. The mobile app allows for members of small businesses to participate in persistent chat rooms, real-time file sharing, and searchable chat history.
- Built for business teams
- App complements the desktop and web clients
- Stay connected with employees no matter where you are
Cost: FREE for HipChat clients
View, edit, and create Microsoft Office files and view Adobe PDF files on your smartphone or tablet with Documents To Go. Small business owners will be more productive with saving and syncing to mobile devices.
- View, edit, save, and sync with multiple cloud services that include iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, and more
- Save changes directly to your device, multiple cloud services, or to your computer
- Send and receive supported email attachments using the built-in Mail app
- Documents To Go Free: FREE
- Documents To Go Premium: $16.99
Small business owners can connect securely with anyone, anywhere, and at any time with WebEx. Conduct business better with web conferencing, online meetings, video conferencing, and more with WebEx.
- High-quality, multipoint video
- Video with camera switcher
- Voice-activated video switching
- Full-screen video
Cost: FREE to attend meetings; paid Host account is required for scheduling and hosting meetings
Small business owners can provide customer support with Desk.com. The mobile app keeps you on top of customer issues and helps you collaborate with your team and track and respond to cases.
- Syncs to your Desk site
- View all of your customer inquiries
- Check in on your support queues
- Reply and resolve customer requests
- Search for cases
- Swipe to resolve cases
Cost: FREE for Desk clients
Small business owners can pay more easily with Google Wallet. Rest assured that transactions are secure with 24/7 fraud monitoring and the Google Wallet Fraud Protection Guarantee.
- Pay in stores or online to anyone with a Gmail address
- Get instant notifications for every transaction, right on your phone
- Speed through online checkout – buy from any site that offers the Buy with Google button
Organize your business life with Clear, a to-do and reminders app that helps small business owners and other users focus on what matters. The mobile app is as easy to use as pen and paper and makes you more productive the instant you start using it.
- Simple gestures-based design so you can focus on your to-dos
- Use separate lists to get even more organized
- iCloud sync built-in to be more productive everywhere
- Set reminders and never forget an important task
Small business owners save time when they pay bills with Evolve Money. Better yet, they save money by paying bills for free with the Evolve Money app.
- Free payments for over 11,000 service providers nationwide
- Standard payments delivered within two days free of charge
- Same-day payments, including weekends and holidays for only $1.50
- Schedule payments over a month in advance
Small business owners get enough email to make them seem like huge enterprises. Get out of your inbox while allowing urgent emails to find you instantly, with AwayFind.
- Connects directly to your email accounts and sends notifications when you receive messages you’ve specified as urgent
- Set up in seconds
- Get notified about emails related to upcoming meetings